Terms & Conditions
Applicability of Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall be incorporated into the contract and shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms and conditions contained or referred to in any communication from the customer or implied by custom or practice. The company expressly rejects other terms and conditions.
- The contract shall be formed when the company acknowledges acceptance of the customers booking form and required payment.
- Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury. All staff employed by the company are trained and appropriately qualified to run activity sessions and will at all times proceed in a manor to limit the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen.
- Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent or guardian before being able to take part in any activity/course offered by the company. The parent or guardian need to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy themselves accordingly.
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity/course. With the exception of fair wear and tear the company reserves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost or misused.
- All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the company.
- The contract is subject to availability of a course place/date and the acceptance by the customer of these terms and conditions.
- Neither the company website or literature constitutes an offer and the company may correct any errors or omissions to its published prices at any time prior to the confirmation of the contract in accordance with this condition.
- All information is produced in good faith that it is accurate at the time of going to press.
- Any current price list replaces all previous price lists.
- Places can only be reserved by the company receiving a completed booking form and a 25% deposit for the course/activity. Or payment in full if the date of the activity is due to start in less than 4 weeks.
Cheques should be made payable to Cave and Canyon UK and sent to: i center, Back Gate, Ingleton, LA6 3BT. Bank Transfer details are available on request.
- In the event of any cheque from the customer being dishonoured a charge of £25, or such other sum as the company may from time to time advise the customer will be made to cover bank and administrative costs.
Amendments by the customer
Substitution of the original customer for another can be made with prior notice and only if the substituting student satisfies the requirement of the course. All substitutions must be made in writing with the consent of the company.
A customer may apply, in writing, to change course or course dates as long as the original booking is more than 30 days from the date of the request. The new course must be one that appears on our website. Any requests to change course or course dates within the 30-day period will be dealt with under the terms and conditions relating to cancellation by the customer.
Fees for activities/courses are fixed at the point of booking. The company will not adjust the fee if on the day fewer participate.
Cancellation by the customer
All cancellations must be in writing and sent either by post, or email. The company will acknowledge a cancellation within 5 days of receiving it. Until the customer has received confirmation the original booking remains valid.
The customer will be charged on the following basis:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- 75% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place in less than 30 days before the commencement of the course.
- 100% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place within the period of 14 days before the commencement date of the course
- 100% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place on or after the commencement date of the course.
- The customer may be offered an alternative date by the company if unforeseen circumstances prevent them from attending the course. This will be offered at the discretion of the company.
- All cancellations incur a £25 administration fee.
Cancellation by the company
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses/activities actually run, the company will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/activity.
The company shall notify the customer of cancellation not less than five days prior to the commencement of the course where numbers as a result of either customer(s) cancellation or booked numbers have failed to reach a workable minimum.
In the event of cancellation the company will not be held liable for refund of travel costs that he/she may have incurred prior to the cancellation and since lost.
In the event of cancellation customers will be offered the following option:
- Another booking on a different date.
- Where minimum numbers for courses have not been met a full refund will be offered.
Health & Fitness
Customers participating in courses/activities must expect to be involved in adventurous and sometimes strenuous activities. Although prior experience and/or training are not necessary on all the courses/activities customers are expected to be of good general health. The medical section must be completed as part of the booking process. All prior injuries and/or serious illnesses must be declared. Any injury or illness occurring between the time of the declaration and the commencement of the course must be reported. The customer must satisfy him/herself that taking part in the course is within his/her own capabilities. The company reserves the right to refuse a booking on medical grounds if it is considered to be detrimental to the safety and smooth running of the course.
Upon request customers may hire equipment from Cave and Canyon UK for a set rate of £15 per day. In the event of loss or damage the customer is liable for the cost of replacing the item/s.
Coaching staff are not under any liability whatsoever in the respect of loss or damage to personal property, however caused, whilst attending the course.
Clients are welcome to use their own equipment during courses, however, this will be inspected by a CCUK instructor to ensure its fit for purpose. CCUK excepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal equipment.
Cave and Canyon Uk recommends that all customers take out personal accident insurance for the activity.
Cave and Canyon UK may take photographs or video during your course. These images remain the property of Cave and Canyon UK and may be used as a marketing resource by the company. This may include the use of images on The Cave and Canyon UK website. If you do not wish us to use these images then please notify us of this in writing.
All information passed to Cave and Canyon UK will be treated as confidential and will only be passed to third parties with the prior consent of the customer. Customers should know that information will be passed to Cave and Canyon UK staff or affiliates or the BCU as is appropriate for the running and certification of courses. Email address will not be passed to any other persons or companies apart from the situation described above.